Evolution/Creation Class Study
An Outline for a Bible Class Study
- Here is a group of videos that can be used in a class study.
"The Case for the Creator," "Unlocking the Mystery of Life," and "The Privileged Planet." These three DVD's can be purchased as a set from http://www.buzzplant.com/illustra/ecard1/.
"Evolution vs. God" is an excellent video which interviews evolutionists themselves. It is available from Evolution vs. God.
"The Triumph of Design," featuring Phillip Johnson.
- Available from Triumph of Design or 1-800-771-2147 (days) or 1-888-US AWARE x 800 (after hours)
- Recommended further reading: Darwin on Trial by Phillip E. Johnson. See also Prof. Johnson's web site www.origins.org.
"From Evolution to Creation" by Gary Parker, Ph.D.
- Recommended further reading: Creation Facts of Life by Gary Parker
- Video and book available from Answers in Genesis, www.AnswersInGenesis.org or 1-800-778-3390.
"The Challenge of the Fossil Record: Evolution? The Fossils Say No!" by Duane Gish, Ph.D.
- Recommended further reading: Evolution: The Fossils Still Say No! by Duane Gish, Bones of Contention, by Martin Lubenow. (Books and video available from the Institute for Creation Research, www.icr.org or 1-800-337-0375.)
"Opening Darwin's Black Box, An Interview with Dr. Michael Behe."
- Recommended further reading: Darwin's Black Box by Michael Behe, Ph.D. The book and video are available at www.IntelligentDesign.org. Note: The video may be out of print. Contact the Discovery Institute 206-292-0401. They may have suggestions for other videos.
"Darwin's Dilemma, available at http://www.darwinsdilemma.org/.
Various other helpful DVD's are available from Reasons to Believe.
Discussion: Semantic Considerations and Scientific Problems with Evolution
- Recommended further reading: Defeating Darwinism by Opening Minds by Phillip E. Johnson.
Discussion: The Philosophical and Theological Problems of Evolution
- Recommended further reading: Evolution: Science or Creation Story, available on this web site.
This class can be presented in church group sessions of an hour in length with only limited prior study or preparation. The last 2 classes can be led by someone who has read at least some of the materials listed for further reading.
The following videos could also be used, depending on how long you want the series to continue: "Facts and Bias: Creation vs. Evolution" featuring Ken Ham (available from Answers in Genesis), "Scientific Creationism" and/or "Biblical Creationism" featuring Henry M. Morris, Ph.D. (from the Institute for Creation Research), "Mount St. Helens: Explosive Evidence for Catastrophe" featuring Steve Austin, Ph.D. (from the Institute for Creation Research).