Muhammad and Jesus - A Comparison
Are Muhammad and Jesus two great leaders of two great religions? How do their lives and teachings compare? Let's look at the facts....
· Muhammad said: Allah hates those who don’t accept Islam. (Qur’an 30:4, 3:32, 22:38)
· Jesus said: God loves everyone. (John 3:16)
· Muhammad said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. (Muslim 1:33)
· Jesus said: He who lives by the sword will die by the sword. (Matthew 26:52)
· Muhammad stoned women for adultery. (Sahih Muslim 4206)
· Jesus said: Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. (John 8:7)
· Muhammad permitted stealing from unbelievers (Bukhan 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764)
· Jesus said: Thou shalt not steal. (Matthew 19:18)
· Muhammad permitted lying (Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)
· Jesus said: Thou shalt not bear false witness. (Matthew 19:18)
· Muhammad owned and traded slaves (Sahih Muslim 3901)
· Jesus neither owned nor traded slaves.
· Muhammad murdered those who insulted him. (Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)
· Jesus preached forgiveness and forgave those who killed Him. (Luke 23:34)
· Muhammad said: If then anyone transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. (Qur’an 2:194)
· Jesus said: If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:39)
· Muhammad said: Jihad in the way of Allah elevates one’s position in Paradise by a hundred fold. (Muslim 4645)
· Jesus said: Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. (Matthew 5:9)
· Muhammad married 13 wives and kept sex slaves. (Bukhari 5:268, Qur’an 33:50)
· Jesus was celibate, was never married.
· Muhammad had sex with a 9 year old child. (Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)
· Jesus did not have sex with children.
· Muhammad ordered the murder of women. (Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)
· Jesus never harmed a woman, He loved and cared for them.
· Muhammad said: O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness. (Qur’an 3:110)
· Jesus said: Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth. (Matthew 5:5)
· Muhammad ordered 65 military campaigns and raids in his last 10 years. (Ibn Ishaq)
· Jesus ordered no military campaigns, nor offered any approval of war or violence.
· Muhammad killed captives taken in battle. (Ibn Ishaq 451)
· Jesus never took captives; never killed anyone.
· Muhammad encouraged his men to rape enslaved women. (Abu Dawud 2150, Qur’an 4:24)
· Jesus never encouraged rape; never enslaved women.
· Muhammad was never tortured, but tortured others. (Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)
· Jesus suffered torture, but never tortured anyone. (Isaiah 53)
· Muhammad said: “And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah.” (Qur’an 8:39)
· Jesus said: "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.” (Matthew 5:44)
· Muhammad ordered a slave to build the very pulpit from which he preached Islam. (Bukhari 47:743)
· Jesus washed His disciples feet. (John 13:5)
· Muhammad demanded the protection of armed bodyguards, even in a house of worship. (Qur’an 4:102)
· Jesus chastised anyone attempting to defend Him with force. (John 18:10-12)
· Muhammad advocated crucifying others. (Qur’an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)
· Jesus was crucified Himself, and forgave those who killed Him. (Luke 23:34)
· According to his followers, Muhammad had others give their lives for him. (Sahih Muslim 4413)
· Jesus gave His life for others and their sins. (John 18:11 & Isaiah 53)
➔ To all of Islam: Learn the truth about
Source: Robin Hubbard’s Facebook page 1/16/2015
Bits & Blog is a monthly blog from Faith Facts. We will not overload your Inbox with messages. But if you would like to subscribe to this infrequent communication we promise to try to bring you bits of information we hope will be of interest to you. Just complete the Faith Facts Update form on the home page.