Easy Summary for Memorization
All of the books of the New Testament were written by eyewitnesses of Jesus or by interviewers of eyewitnesses. (Three of the writers were Jesus' disciples—Matthew, John, and Peter.)
Over 25,000 sites have been discovered that pertain to the Bible. As Nelson Glueck, a renowned Jewish archaeologist said, "It may be stated categorically that no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a biblical reference."
Some 2000 biblical prophecies have already been fulfilled—with no prophetic failures. The probability of 16 predictions being fulfilled is 1 in 1045. For 2000 predictions to be correct is an inconceivable probability number.
The Bible contains 66 books, written by approximately 40 different writers, over 1600 years, on 3 different continents, in 3 different languages, on thousands of different subjects, yet with one central theme—God's redemption of mankind from sin won for the whole world by the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Is all truth contained in the Bible?
- Is the Bible all true?
- What arguments have you heard against the Bible?
- How is the Bible different from other holy books?
- What is meant by "Scripture interprets Scripture?"
- What are the "original autographs?"
- Why is someone creating a logical fallacy to say there is no God?